In this section
- Living Values Education: Distance Online Course Self-Reflection
- Living Values Education: Distance Online Course Values Activities
- Living Values Education: Distance Online Course Study Groups
- Living Values Education: Distance Online Course Facilitator Training
- ✧ Materials for Living Values Education: Distance Online Courses
Widening the Reach: Reaching and Supporting the Whole Community
Living Values Education recognises that it is completely impractical for most of the world’s population to attend workshops and participate in organised Living Values Education activities due to cost, time, and travel requirements. Through this Distance opportunity, Living Values Education encourages and extends Living Values Education Distance Online Courses to individuals, families, and communities.
It is 25 years since Living Values Education birthed a new educational opportunity for people to change their lives. Now a new way of being part of that discovery is open to everyone... allowing all of us to make a difference in our life and the life of all the people around us. Here is a short introduction about what we've been building over several years...
- Distance Online Courses are stand-alone Living Values Education Courses that can be engaged by anyone, anywhere.
- Courses do not rely on trained facilitators or workshop attendance.
- Courses are self-structured with no time conditions (except when engaging the facilitator training).
- All Level One Distance Online Course materials can be accessed online from this website.
- Level Two and Level Three Distance Facilitator Training can be accessed from [email protected]
- Living Values Education provides the Distance Helpline — Click here to email
- All materials may be translated for local use.
- There is no cost to the Distance Courses.
- For Level Two and Level Three, an LVE Mentor is provided for evaluation for the DFT certification.
Living Values Education: Distance Online Course is an international program offering four aspects of Values Online activities to anyone, anywhere in the world. All Living Values Online activities can be engaged by children with parents, young adults, and adults – teachers, parents, and community groups. The Distance Facilitator Training Course is available to anyone over 20 who would like to have a certificated facilitator training to help others. All Courses are offered FREE:
- LVE Self Reflection - an independent 12-week self-development course in personal values.
- LVE Values Activities - an independent course for all ages. Ideal for engaging in the home environment. Courses 1 and 2 can be combined for those serious about discovering their values.
- LVE Study Groups - an independent sharing of the above two courses in any group environment. If you would like to start your own values group simply combine units 1 & 2 as your working structure. LVE Study Group Guidelines will explain all you need to do to run a valuable 12 week self-development study course, providing a rewarding experience for yourself and others.
- Certificated Course - LVE Facilitator Training (DFT) 12 week - mentor supported course for those wanting to join Living Values as a certificated Facilitator.
Certificated Distance Facilitator Training (DFT)
The purpose of the independent 12 week Self Reflection and Values Activities is to provide participants with a deeper personal experience of the values and ensure commitment to join the international body of Living Values Facilitators. Each week invites Self Reflection of a specific Value using the book provided, complete the questions asked.
You are required to engage your choice of ONLY two values activities and evaluations each week – documented in your Personal Journal. The Personal Journal and Self Reflection booklet are required to accompany your application for the mentor supported certificated Distance Facilitator Training.
Time Commitment: 12 weeks, 30-60 minutes per week based on personal engagement with one value per week.
Part 1: Distance Self-Reflection A 12-week personal evaluation. The booklet (word.docx file) provides us an interactive opportunity to explore and discover the truth about ourselves relative to our relationship with the Values, thus developing a better awareness of the impact of Values in our lives and the opportunity to change how we live our lives. The Course runs for 12 weeks with four to seven simple questions interacting with the dynamic of one Value per week and asks us to contemplate and live in the essence of each value during the course of each week – honest contemplation can be very revealing.
Components: LVE Self-Reflection Online Participation Course via a 40-page word.docx booklet to record of your experience.
Time Commitment: 30 minutes each week.
Part 2: Distance Values Activities for Adults, Families and Groups, “LVE Values Activities” is a colourful 50-page participation book of activities drawn from “Living Values Education for Young Adults” with accompanying audio files and a 90-page Personal Journal.
Components: LVE Values Activity Book, Personal Journal, Audio contemplation files.
Time Commitment: 60 minutes each week (select and respond to two activities)
Both completed Self Reflection book and Personal Journal are emailed to [email protected] where they are evaluated by an LVE Mentor for Level Two. Participants receive the Level Two Distance Facilitator Training Course Overview and Schedule – a must read before proceeding with the Distance Facilitator Training Application Form.
Level Two: following acceptance of DFT application
LVE Distance Facilitator Training allows individuals everywhere to have a role in sharing Living Values Education.
Part 1: LVE Training Guide introduces Living Values Education – the organisation, the international website, the resources available to facilitators, the specific skills required to deliver values education, LVE workshop agenda building, techniques and skills required to feel confident to facilitate activities and workshops using the LVE Approach with community groups, support for teachers, families, etc.
Part 2: The Evaluation of what is explored in Part 1 – There is Zoom interaction available during Level Two between the participant and the mentor/evaluator.
Components: Part 1, Living Values Education Training Guide, Part 2, LVE Evaluation Questions booklet.
Time Commitment: 8 - 24 hours
Level Three: practical facilitation experience
LVE Distance Study Groups provide practical experience in the delivery and engagement of values awareness and to experience creating a Values-Based Atmosphere. DFT participants bring together a small group of friends, family, or work colleagues in a once a week/12-week group environment. Our “Guidelines for an Effective Group” provide the “how to”, the LVE Self-Reflection and Values Activities form the weekly two and half hour Study Group experience for group activities.
Please Note: Optional – While delivering the “Living Values Approach” differs significantly from normal classroom teaching, certificated educators with group experience may not be required to take Level Three. However we do encourage this experience to gain practical interaction and build confidence in the sharing of Values Awareness. The LVE Study is identical to the activities in Level One.
Component: LVE Study “Guidelines for an Effective Group”.
Time Commitment: 2 - 2.5 hours a week for the 12 consecutive weeks of the Study Group.
DFT Certification is equal to that of attendance at three, LVE 3-day interactive group workshops (72 hours).
For more detailed information, please request the “Distance Facilitator Training” Course Schedule from [email protected]
A four week Distance Refresh Course
The four week Distance Refresh Course is available to past or lapsed (no activity for three years) LVE certificate holders from [email protected]
One participant said:
“I was not expecting this would make a huge difference in my life that it has. The material forced me to look at me, all of me, my hurdles, pain, grief, fears, and blocks. I soon discovered what values were the hardest for me... anything to do with me!!
I completed the course and wanted to help others gain what I had gained and became a facilitator. This was a very valuable experience for me I found so much inside of me I had not healed and by doing so my fears lessened and I grew a new understanding and compassion for myself. Something I previously only had for others.
My fear of being judged was challenged; I won and chains around me were broken. My journey continues every moment.”
– Denise Shaw, Queensland, Australia